Harvest Sangria – a warm, autumn blend of apple, pear, ginger, and cinnamon spice, steeped with your favorite white wine!
Happy first day of autumn!
Fall baking is in full swing at the Crumby Casa!
It’s ever so slowly starting to cool off here in the south, and cinnamon brooms have arrived at every grocery store in the area, filling my world with the scents and feels of autumn.
Cue the dreamy sigh.
If you’re a fan of pumpkin and spice and everything nice, then my crazy obsession will benefit you!
And if not, well. Hang on. It’ll be over soon enough.
For the time being, pull up a chair and a wine glass, and share a few sips of this Harvest Sangria with me!
I cannot get over how warm and fuzzy this Harvest Sangria makes me feel!
As you can see, I made a rather large amount, and I’ve taken to retiring to my backyard every evening, glass in hand, to take in the descending autumn air.
Being outside is nicest in the morning and evenings, now. Daytime is tolerable, but still very humid and far too summery for my taste.
I’m ready for pumpkin carving and Halloween costume shopping!
To those of you that live further north, be sure to take time to really appreciate the change of seasons! I would love to see the leaves change and actually have to bundle up to go on a hay ride!
Send me photos, so I can ogle your gorgeous, fiery sunsets.
Better yet, send me selfies in the sunset with a glass of this sangria in your hand. 🙂
It’s honest-to-goodness delicious! Straight apple cider would work fine on its own as a base, but simmering it with the spices and honey really gives the finished product a lovely warmth.
It doesn’t only fill your mouth, it fills your soul.
Ugh, I’m choking on my own sappiness, here.
Oh. And the apples and pears are a nice little boozy treat to snack on after.
As for the caramabola…I’m not exactly sure of its “fall” factor, but it sure looks cute!
- 2 cups apple cider
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 inch slice fresh ginger
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- ½ teaspoon cloves
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice or allspice
- 2 cups spicy apple cider
- 1 bottle of sauvignon blanc (or pinot grigio, chardonnay, or your favorite dry white)
- ½ cup ginger brandy or bourbon
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 Honeycrisp apples, chopped
- 1 Granny Smith apple, chopped
- 2 pears, chopped
- 1 carmabola (star fruit; optional, I just used it for looks)
- 1 cup club soda
- Combine ingredients in a medium sized saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Remove from heat and allow to cool completely. Strain.
- Mix ingredients together in a large pitcher. Refrigerate at least an hour before serving, but at least overnight to steep for best results. Add club soda just before serving, so you don't lose the fizz!
What’s your favorite part about autumn?