Looking for the fanciest, easiest appetizer ever? Crispy Prosciutto Cups with Pear & Mascarpone are the answer – simple flavors, simple prep, max deliciousness!
It has been a party weekend for sure.
As if the last two months haven’t been crazy enough for me with the job change and secret blog thangs that you’ll find out about really soon. This weekend is the 5th Annual Food Wine Conference in Orlando (my 3rd year attending…and 4th event in two months!)
It’s a totally different experience for me now that I’m working to help keep it running smoothly But if you think that’s stopped me from enjoying all the food, wine, and laughs? NO sir.
Friday night kicked off the weekend with the welcome reception, culminating with the Taste of Rosen Shingle Creek. Imagine a big, round room full of endless small plates.
Adorable hors d’oeuvres. Happy apps. Tasty tapas. Come at me with more alliterations, bro.
Going back for the third round of three-bite fried lasagne was not frowned upon, folks. In fact, it was encouraged.
Party foods come in two categories. Large potluck platters of goodness, like Buffalo chicken dip, baked ziti, and burgers on the grill.
In the other category are the cutesy little bites of delightfulness that make everyone “ooh” and “ahh” and snap pictures of them for Instagram before downing them in one bite.
That’s my kind of party snack. Eat enough and call it dinner!
These sweet little Crispy Prosciutto Cups are so simple to throw together and your next party should have them on the menu! Not to mention, they’re delicious – sweet and savory at the same time.
The velvety mascarpone plays well with the sweetness of the pear, all nestled in the delightfully crunchy itty-bitty prosciutto cup. Textures galore here, folks! Add the basil and balsamic for a bit of earthy, herby goodness and a little tang and your guests will go crazy for them!
Dinner tonight is a bit heavier, but our LIVE Twitter party from Tapa Toro tomorrow night will be more tapas-friendly – and I, for one, can’t wait to enjoy their paella for the second year!
- 3 ounces prosciutto, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces Mascarpone cheese
- 1 ripe Bartlett pear, thinly sliced
- 5-6 large basil leaves, chiffonade
- Balsamic glaze
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut prosciutto into 24 two-inch squares. Place one square (overlapping any tears) in each cup of a mini cupcake pan.
- Bake 15 minutes, or until fat turns golden. Remove from oven and use a fork to immediately transfer to a paper towel to drain; cool completely.
- Spoon mascarpone into a pastry or zipper bag. Pipe cheese into cooled cups. Top with slices of pear and basil, then drizzle with balsamic glaze.
Tapa Toro combines contemporary Spanish cuisine with a vibrant, energetic atmosphere – bringing a fresh dining experience to the I-Drive 360 area in Orlando, FL. Their unique paella pit, vibrant tapas menu, and extensive selection of imported wines will guide you through a culinary journey of Spanish flavors and culture in the heart of Central Florida.
Sunday Supper Small Bites Recipes for Entertaining
- Crispy Prosciutto Cups with Pear & Mascarpone by The Crumby Cupcake
- Cucumber Finger Sandwiches by A Little Fish in the Kitchen
- Fiesta Pinwheels by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Grilled Polenta Bruschetta by Simple and Savory
- Spinach Feta Pinwheels by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Sweet Sriracha Almonds by Jersey Girl Cooks
- Waffled Twice Baked Potato Pancake Bites by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventues
- Wild Mushroom and Grape Crostini by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Bacon-wrapped Chorizo and Date Skewers – Brochetas de Chorizo y Datiles by Food Lust People Love
- Chicken Caprese Bites by Books n’ Cooks
- Chicken Sausage & Fig Naan Bites by Soulfully Made
- Crab Stuffed Mushrooms by My Savory Spoon
- Easy Chicken Pesto and Sun Dried Tomato Croissants by Jonesin’ For Taste
- Grass Fed Beef Meatballs and Cauliflower Cilantro Smear by Our Good Life
- Greek Chicken Gyro Mini Meatballs with Tzatziki Sauce by Hardly A Goddess
- Mini Salmon Cakes with Anise Aioli by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Salmon Poke on Wonton Crisps by Authentically Candace
- Sausage Stuffed Jalapenos by Gourmet Everyday
- Tuscan Chicken Bites by The Freshman Cook
- Healthy Meringue Bites with Raspberry Yogurt by Cricket’s Confections
- Lemon Bars with Poppy Seed Shortbread by Pies and Plots
- Lime Mascarpone Cheesecake Shooters by Caroline’s Cooking
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.