The Blackberry Paloma is a berry delicious take on an already twisted cocktail! Muddle grapefruit juice and blackberries together with a little tequila, mint, and sugar, and you’ve got yourself a lovely version of the popular Mexican drink.
Today has been a stellar day.
Yesterday was bittersweet, but today – completely wonderful. Freeing. It brought me a glimmer of clarity and peace that I never thought I’d know.
I can’t think of a better way to celebrate a new job – a new lease on life – than with a delicious little cocktail that’s perfect for Cinco de Mayo, can you?
I won’t wax poetic about career changes, but I highly recommend them. Especially if you’re mostly miserable where you are.
Excuse my Millennial, but in spite of hating the shorthanded, hipster phrasing, I am a firm believer in YOLO.
You Only Live Once.
For the last three weeks, I’ve been explaining my decision to leave my career of 17 years for a relatively uncertain future, but I haven’t needed to. Long story short, if I don’t leave now and do something that makes me happy…I never will. And since I’m so highly supported and encouraged by my husband and loved ones, it didn’t seem fair to myself to not take the chance.
I’ve jumped feet-first into a fast moving train of a job, but I think I’ve found the seatbelt. Now if someone would pass me a Blackberry Paloma to enjoy the ride with, I think I’ll be set!
So, Palomas. What are they? Think of a margarita, but you toss in some deliciously tart grapefruit juice. That’s basically it. It’s a lovely cocktail, and this one is made even lovelier with the use of fresh blackberries and bright mint to balance out the bitter citrus.
It’s gonna be a delicious addition to your Cinco de Mayo menu, too.
My sweet, sweet friend Faith came to town to visit and celebrate my semi-“retirement,” and after spending the afternoon running around to a thrift store to find highball glasses (which I surprisingly do not own) and the grocery store (because I forgot to get half of the ingredients for this recipe,) she assisted me with this shoot!
Faith and I have become fast friends, which I am beyond grateful for. I met her two years ago at my first Food Wine Conference, and I kept up with her online (as bloggers tend to do) as time passed. This past March, we ended up at an influencer event together and reconnected, and since then?
Like a bestie love story. 🙂
After the shoot, we were whisked away by Lara to the beach and dinner for further celebrating purposes. There was wine, and mussels on garlic toast, and pimiento cheese. And more wine. And then ice cream.
A girl date to end all girl dates…I couldn’t have asked for a better evening.
This drink takes 7 ingredients – how many of them do you have in your home right now?
- 5 fresh blackberries
- 2 fresh mint leaves
- ½ cup fresh grapefruit juice
- 3 shots tequila blanco
- 1 shot simple syrup or agave nectar
- ¼ lime, juiced
- ½ cup sparkling water or club soda
- Fresh mint, for garnish
- Crushed ice
- In a cocktail jigger, gently muddle the blackberries and lime together. Add the grapefruit juice, tequila, simple syrup, and lime juice; shake until well mixed.
- Pour over a tall glass filled with ice and top up with sparkling water. Garnish with mint as desired.
Are you ready for Cinco de Mayo? The Sunday Supper Tastemakers can help with these 25+ recipes de perfection!
- Authentic Easy Guacamole by Curious Cuisiniere
- Beef and Portobella Tostados by Our Good Life
- Cumin Spiced Potato Quesadillas by Sprinkles and Sprouts
- Easy 5 Minute Restaurant Style Salsa by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Fiesta Corn Dip Recipe by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Rotisserie Chicken Nachos by Pies and Plots
- Blackberry Paloma by The Crumby Cupcake
- Coconut Margarita by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Mexican Sunset by Girl Abroad
- Spicy Micheladas by Sunday Supper Movement
- Strawberry Pineapple Agua Fresca by Authentically Candace
- Cheese Enchiladas with Red Sauce by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Chicken Tinga Chalupas by Palatable Pastime
- Chipotle Chicken and Black Bean Soup by Cooking Chat
- Crock Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup by Soulfully Made
- Deluxe Beef and Bean Tostadas with Pickled Onions by The Weekend Gourmet
- Mexican Chicken and Black Bean Casserole by Simple and Savory
- Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas with Mexican Slaw by A Mind Full Mom
- Southwestern Chicken Layered Salad with Cilantro Dressing by My Savory Spoon
Sides and Sauces
- Alambre Skillet Cheese Dip by My Life Cookbook
- Black Bean Cilantro Rice by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Mango Habanero Sauce by Caroline’s Cooking
- Queso Fundido (Melted Cheese with Chorizo) by Tara’s Multicultural Table
- Slow Cooker Healthy Refried Beans by Cricket’s Confections
- Traditional Salsa Verde by Basic N Delicious
- Blueberry-Chocolate Jicamuffins by What Smells So Good?
- Carlota de Limón – Lime Charlotte by Food Lust People Love
- Flourless Mexican Hot Chocolate Cake by Baking Sense
- Margarita Cupcakes by Gourmet Everyday
- Oreo Taco Cookies by Ninja Baker
- Sopapilla-Inspired Cheesecake Bars by Books n’ Cooks
- Strawberry Gluten-Free Hand Pies by And She Cooks
- Taco Bake by My World Simplified
- Pineapple Lime Chicken Tacos by Brunch-n-Bites
- Mini Taco Bowl Bites by Jersey Girl Cooks
- Lime Chicken Soft Tacos by Life Tastes Good
- Chicken Street Tacos by The Freshman Cook
- Chicken Fajitas by A Day in the Life on the Farm
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.